- Selling Personal Accounts Using Crack-Dealer Tactics. Comments on a proposal to create Social Security personal accounts funded from the trust fund surplus.
- The Math Has Changed. On why Social Security is out of balance and needs to be fixed.
- I-O-Me. More on the matter of the "Trust Fund".
- Half-Full Faith and Credit - or Half Empty?. On the matter of the "Trust Fund".
- Privatizing the Risk. On defined benefit vs. defined contribution plans.
- Fixing What's Broken. Personal accounts do nothing to fix what's broken about Social Security.
- Social Security Transition "Costs". Will financing a transition to personal accounts have a real cost or not?
- Saying "Hasta la Vista Baby" Too Hastily. Should California's state pension privatize?
- Privatizing State Pensions - Good for Whom? While President Bush wants to get Social Security into the stock market, Governor Schwarzenegger wants to get California's state pensions out of the market.
Saturday, January 01, 2005
One of the important issues facing our nation is the imbalance in the financing of Social Security. I have blogged about that a fair amount: