Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter Partway Thoughts - After Gringotts

(Semi-spoiler alert. I've read up thru page 553.) How will he get the sword back? I'm thinking the same way he got it the first time - he'll pull it out of the Sorting Hat. (Though I reckon that he gives it back to Griphook in the end, to keep his word, and as a gesture of respect to the goblins.)

It figures that the climax will come at Hogwarts. But what will the unknown horcrux turn out to be? I'm guessing it will be a good surprise, but not something totally new. It will harken back to some tidbit clue dropped years/books ago, and I'll think "Of course, that's brilliant."

But now there's only 200-ish pages left to not only find and destroy the horcruxes and finish off V, but to get lots of questions answered and find out what happens to everyone.

No comments: